Book Signing of Diary of a Desperate Naija Woman

Oh Gosh, I had a lovely time today!

I don't know if it was the small chops or the skittles I got, or free Matters of the Heart book, or free praise CD, book marks, sticker, and so on. All I know is that I had a lovely time today, and it was because I went for the first ever book signing of Diary of a Desperate Naija Woman, by Bola Essien-Nelson. It was fun, fun, and fun. See the pictures I took and testify.


Bola and I

Bola doing her thing

Me posing with customers who won my books from Bola for free


And so I bought the book, and felt it was another book I just had to get because I am an author and have to support other authors, especially the ones who have been supporting me.

I was wrong...

I was about to throw the book into my 'I will read it later' library, when I decided to open it to check the quality of the print. This is what jumped at me

TRUE FAITH IS DEMONSTRATED BY STUBBORN PATIENCE

I was like, what is this woman talking about? I sure want to find out, so I knew that I couldn't read this one later.

The book is just awesome. I have scanned through the pages and I know it  is. You need to get it, I am telling you. So, so, inspiring, which you would agree if you have been reading her blog here. I will definitely be reading it now, and will gist you more. But in the meantime, you would do yourself good by getting your copy, whether hard copy, or kindle version.


It is really something you don't want to miss.

34 comments

  1. What a fabulous picture of you and Mrs. Bola. It looks like you both had an amazing time! Thank God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was at the book signing, had fun. I can see myself in that pic, lol! The book is really nice, started reading mine too. www.shallydamidara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Funmi and Sugarspring. Yes, we did have a great time. And I remember you Shally. Shalewa, right? The lady with the long braids? Or am I wrong? Lol! Thank you so much for coming. God bless! And if I am right, I shall say it again: Shalewa, just do it!

      Delete
    2. @ Shally: Yes o, it was real fun

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had a great time. So TRUE FAITH IS DEMONSTRATED BY STUBBORN PATIENCE ba? Now i am curious.

    I love the new blog look. Very cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes o. That statement was strong enough to inspire enuf curiosity in me

      Delete
  4. Your smiles say it all.
    Your new blog look is fab. I like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice new look for your blog and great pics. Glad the signing went well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes o, it went well. Thanks for appreciating, myne.

      Delete
  6. I've missed out on a lot. It's time to move back to Lagos :-)

    Thank God it was a success. Loving the new look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loooll. Stay back and enjoy a little more naa

      Delete
  7. Blessings and congratulations....
    May success always be yours.

    stay blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love that quote, we all need stubborn patience.

    ReplyDelete
  9. U look great and the book sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blessing. Yes, the book is really interesting

      Delete
  10. I can really say, from the pictures, that you indeed had a nice time at the book signing. I wish I had attended too. I read the announcement of the event on facebook. Now, I am somewhat sad I couldn't make it down there. I was only held back by these school works pressing my brain into my lung. I think I should sue my school Vice Chancellor for this.

    I must just read this book soon. I have been reading good things about it lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loool. Don't sue your VC ooo. One day, school will be over.

      Delete
  11. I like what you said about supporting other authors. Keep the flag flying, dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes oo. We have to support one another. It pays in the end. Thanks

      Delete
  12. Now I'm curious about the book, would def look for it, buy where in lag can I get it? Thanks

    I always see your name on every comment section of blogs I read, just had to check you out! Looking good!

    I blog here: www.tomilolaakibo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by. I will check out your blog

      Delete
  13. I love the new blog look...

    The first picture is nice and you sure look like you enjoyed yourself.

    I'm curious about the book now...

    Have a splendid week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes o, I really did. You should get the book

      Delete
  14. Congrats to Bola and again to you Atilola. Nice pics. As vibrant as usual. *winks*. We await the book signing of your new book soon too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen oo. We will be doing mine soon, by the Grace of God.

      Delete
  15. I missed the reading. Wanted to come at all cost but it didn't just happen. You really had fun

    ReplyDelete

What's your opinion on this? Let's learn from one another.